Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How Accurate is Your Hearing?

God recently brought something to my attention. I am really quick to take action, sometimes that's great because I get a lot accomplished and am usually not pressed to wire. On the other hand I can be so willing to move so fast that I only get part of the information. This happens in my walk with the Lord also. I am sure HE is thrilled when I just move and respond quickly to what HE has instructed me to do or change but on the other hand I get so excited when I hear something that I usually hear a word, like move and I start looking for new locations to live, hmmm, Maryland might be nice, maybe Ohio, so the search starts for me to see where I can move my family, cost for living space, church, schools, etc.

Now that might sound really logical and all if you truly did hear God say move. My question to you is, what if HE meant move forward on a business plan, move forward in ministry, move forward on the purchase of a new car, etc. but not....up and move your family to another state. This would make a BIG difference in what action to take if you don't know what HE wants moved.

Now the funniest part is...when you slow down enough and enough doors to "move" have been closed right in your face, it becomes more clear that you need to go back to the drawing board, but first back to the Lord to see if you missed something. Wouldn't it have saved time if we just sat in His presence long enough in the first place...LOL. I guess we just really get excited when it sounds like something we want anyway, 'cause moving was right at the top of my list of things I wanted to do.

So what can we learn from this??? First, inquire of the Lord, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you according to His riches in glory." Second, WAIT! Spend some time waiting hear all God has to say in response to your questions and life concerns. Third, ASK questions...this is not disrespectful. Just as much as you want to know what God has to say to you, HE wants you to hear clearly what HE is trying to communicate to you.

On the other hand, there are many people who just won't move at all: they got their marching papers, instructions are clear, they have sat at the feet of the Lord for days, months, even years but are terrified to move out on what God has told them to do...well, that's for another time:)

Has it been a challenge to hear God clearly in your life? Have you figured out what blocks you from hearing God clearly in your past situations, was it your own desires winning out, to many conflicting opinions from friends, etc.?

For more information about HE Reigns Ministries or to sign up for the newsletter, visit my wbsite at http://www.hereignsministries.org/

No comments: